Sunday, December 14, 2008

Phil leaves for Oahu




Phil is fast asleep this morning when I return to the room after my walk. It’s 7:30; another sunny day with light winds. I’m hoping that the weather holds for Angel’s arrival this weekend. She deserves a nice Christmas break, and much more. The Alaska winter, her work schedule, and my almost continuous absence this time of the year, keeps her life interesting.

This is another transition day in Mazatlan. Phil will be packing his bags and catching the plane to LAX, where he will overnight before flying to Oahu. His family will join him this weekend.

I’m undecided about my activity today, but will likely do more of "nothing", possibly a late visit to the gym. On my walk this morning, I made visual note of nice future macro photo shots around the property. I love macro photography. It’s all about the “little things” we usually miss in our scurrying about. I’m not very good at it, but I manage to capture a few good photos. There will be more to come on this topic later.

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank those of you following this blog. I’m hoping you are finding it entertaining and, at least marginally, educational. I offer no apology for my spelling, punctuation, sloppy grammar, or editorial and/or political commentary. You have all been very kind, thus far, in withholding any negative “thoughts and feelings” regarding the style or content of my writing. All comments have been quite positive. I’m thinking that this is what I should expect from a “friend and family” audience, unless we are seated together at Christmas dinner. In that setting, anything goes.

If this blog has reached anyone outside of my “follower” group, I’d appreciate feedback. I’m primarily interested in those individuals who have “happened upon” the blog by Googling “photography”, “Mazatlan”, “Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay”, "Sarah Palin", etc.

The TV news is reporting this morning, that Sarah Palin's church in Wasilla, Alaska was totally gutted by an arsonist causing over a million in damages. What nonsense,how sad,and how counter productive! It'll be interesting to see who's responsible for this one. Keep the faith, and I’ll post more later today, or tomorrow. Included now, are a few more photos from yesterday.

No comments: