Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fisheye for the Photo Guy




Bob is arriving this afternoon, so I’m posting a few photos I took this morning using the 10.5 mm Nikon Fisheye. The lens gives an interesting perspective, with some distortion that I tend to like. If you do not like the distortion, you can straighten it in post processing using Nikon software.

The bottom photo is of the beach cabanas, where I spend some of my time when not walking or taking pictures. The middle photo takes in the entire main pool at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. The pool is two sections, upper and lower. The upper portion has a large heated spa tub, an infinity view, and the grill. The lower portion has in-pool lounge chairs and an Aqua Bar.

Emerald Bay also has two additional pools. One is above the large pool, and is designated as a quiet pool for adults only. It has a small heated spa pool and a swim-up Aqua Bar. A third pool is currently under construction, with a new Bistro style restaurant adjacent.

The top photo is of the grill area by the main pool. As you can see there is shaded seating, or you can have food and drink delivered poolside. The grill area also houses the bathrooms. The menu selection and food quality is excellent. The prices are reasonable. The pool area and bathrooms are well-maintained and kept very clean.

I expect my posts may become less frequent as I am getting guests. Bob and I will likely dine and have drinks at the grill this evening, then head into town tomorrow. I’ll take the camera along, so I can post a few photos of life outside of the resort. Take care.

1 comment:

soonercub said...

Don't freak out when you see a stranger following your blog. I actually am Bob Fox's friend, Jama, and am interested in his trip. However, you sound like a great guy -- and you for sure are an excellent photographer -- so I may stay on for the long ride, if you don't care. I'm an old woman (75), married 55 years, and am considered a threat to no one -- except maybe the officials at my grandson's basketball games!! Enjoy your time in clime's warmer than those in Alaska.