Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday P.M.


I'm back from my morning jaunt...About 30 minutes ago I spoke with Dale from Geowireless.net, the local internet service provider I signed up with on Oahu. I've been encountering some difficulty with signal strength at varying times throughout the day, so I wrote tech support a note expressing some frustration, and asking for assistance. The response was quick and courteous. Dale, from tech support emailed me and asked for my phone number. He called within ten minutes! That's what I call service. Dale gave me the lowdown on the best times to be logged on, and also let me know that I was in a pretty decent spot for signal reception. The signal at this time is quite good. It wasn't the best yesterday or early this morning. Dale let me know that competing traffic early in the morning and early in the evening will likely slow things down a bit. Being that I send a large amount of data out with photos, I'm sure that I'm hogging my share of the bandwidth. Geowireless is a good deal at $35 a month, and you don't need to go in search of free WiFi, or pay $5 an hour at an internet cafe. Geowireless has several access points in the Waikiki area, so you might want to check with them at support@geowireless.net or 1-800-277-6012 if you're planning a trip to Oahu.

No comments: