Monday, February 16, 2009

Packing





It's early Monday morning and I've completed my "office work" from my usual "three villages in a week" trip. On Saturday, I contacted Bob, who is "holding down the fort" in Honolulu. My readers will remember Bob as one of the Tight Wads Anonymous members who was with me in Mazatlan. Bob has spent the last 3 weeks in Honolulu at a condo that he, Phil(TWA#2), and I reserved for a three month period this year, between December 15th and March 15th. I'll be leaving for Oahu on Wednesday afternoon. I'll spend a few days with Bob, before he leaves, then have about a week before our friend Bill arrives. Shortly after Bill's arrival, his wife Bev will come. The last to arrive will be Angel, about two weeks from now. I am really looking forward to this trip as I have, in the past, always enjoyed Oahu, but have not taken too many photos. This trip I'm packing to shoot, so I'm hoping to make some nice "catches". We are also renting a car for several days, so we will not be limited on where we go on the island. Honolulu has a "five-star" public transit system. "The Bus" will take you wherever you want to go for $2. There is really no reason to rent a car for your entire stay, but it will give you added flexibility if you are staying in Waikiki and want to head to the North Shore. I will blog more on transportation once I'm in Oahu. For now, this is just a "heads up" to let you know I'm packing to go again. I may have some difficulty posting during this trip, as wireless access may be challenging. Please check the blog toward the end of the week. I should have managed to find WiFi by Friday. The photos ... The basket is from Hooper Bay and is woven from native grasses. The Ulu is a traditional Native knife used to gut fish and slice them into strips for drying or smoking. The furry little feline is my buddy "Zeus", our spoiled rotten four year old who was live trapped by us when he was a kitten. His mother and four siblings went to a shelter for adoption. Zeus is good company for Angel when I am gone. Now that it is above zero, he's beginning to enjoy going outside again. This week he's been on "moose watch", but he's also been hunting for early arriving birds and careless mice. The final photo is an abstract rendition of a strange exposure I got while shooting the moon.

No comments: