Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nice Day










It turned out to be a beautiful day. Bob and Nancy went running last minute errands. Bob bought a bunch of thrift shop crap, so now he's on the hunt for a container, so he can ship his treasure back to the mainland. He's my buddy, and a real piece of work. He also needs treatment in a bad way. I'm thinking that after I get rid of all my junk, I'll go down to Longview and help him liquidate his mess. Then my lifes work will be done.

I went to Ala Moana Beach Park and Fort DeRussey today. Just walking and taking a few photos to warm up. Then I came "home" and caught a short nap. Bob and Nancy are still out and about. I'm experimenting with the compression quality vs upload speed for photos, so we'll see how it goes.

Many of my photos will be of people engaging in normal activities around Honolulu. Before my walk, I snapped a couple of pictures of Bob and Nancy at the condo. After hitting the pavement, I walked through Ala Moana Park and took a few of people walking and running. On my walk, I was stopped by a little lady carrying her ukelele. She was admiring my camera, so I asked her if she wanted me to take a photo of her with her ukelele. She said "Yes", so I shot one and will email it to her. Her name is Mary Ann. She was attending a barbeque at the park, and was on her way home when she ran into me, and my camera.

After Ala Moana, I walked to Fort Derussey Park which is next to the Hilton and directly across the way from the condo. There, I watched some kids playing beach volleyball. I asked them if they minded if I took a few shots, saying that I was from Alaska, and I was posting some action photos to my "little travel blog". They said "Sure!", so I shot a few.

I finished my rounds with the crane shot and a few other photos I'll post later. The whale mural/mountain photo is off the lanai at the condo. The two towers are looking toward the mountains from Ala Moana.

No comments: