Thursday, February 26, 2009

Circle Island Drive














I took the bus to the airport last night and picked up our rental car, a Ford Explorer. Bill arrives on Saturday, so we'll make good use of it. I decided to give the Explorer the "test" today by doing the Waikiki-Waikiki Circle Island drive. It takes about 6 hours when you drive East-North-West-Waikiki, if you only stop to take take a few photos and eat lunch. However, you could spend an entire week covering the same ground, if you hiked, snorkeled, shopped, ate, drank, and otherwise enjoyed yourselves. When the others arrive, we'll be doing some of that, and I'll provide the details as we go about our fun. For now, here are are few photos from the day. Update: This is a late post due to problems with the wireless at the condo. After feeling pretty good about GeoWireless and their service, I'm giving them a thumbs down as I've had too much trouble getting a signal. I'm guessing some of this may be due to interference from other carriers. Whatever the problem, they need to get it figured out before they charge folks for this service! Stay away from them, for now. I'm posting at a free location today. It's a short walk, but dependable, and faster than GeoWireless.

No comments: