Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Montana....Maz pics tomorrow???











I was pretty lazy today...it was cool out this morning. I walked the beach for an hour, returned to the room for a bowl of cereal, and then headed to the new Bistro Pool with a book. I like the new pool. It's at the far end of the resort and a peaceful place to relax in absence of the constant activity at the main pool. The sun came out mid-morning. About noon, I returned to the room, ate lunch, messed around with photos, then went for another walk. I managed to sneak in a short nap this afternoon before scarfing down a cup of soup and dressing out for the gym. An hour at the gym on the recumbent bike, then I find myself here at the Deli checking email and blogging....where did the day go?????

The photos today were supposed to be a combo from Thanksgiving week in Montana, and the beach today. I had trouble uploading the beach shots tonight, so...As I said yesterday, we had a fun time with family last week. I was hunting with my nephews, their friends, Papa Jack (Lauri and Vicki's dad),my brother-in-law John, and Mike aka "Uncle Bucky"...John's other brother-in-law...or the other "unfortunate", as I refer to both Mike and myself, for being bonded by marriage to JT...hehheh). Seriously, both Mike and I couldn't have married into a nicer bunch though, and it seems to have worked out well for all of us the past 30, or so, years!

A highlight of the week was the annual Maiden Canyon Turkey Shoot held at Scott and Barb Sanford's beautiful log home. Colby took the trophy this year, but had stiff competition from his new brother-in-law, Ahren; his little brother, Kellen;and Scott Sanford, our gracious host. I managed to come in fifth (I think)...this was my rookie year, as the trip from Alaska for Thanksgiving doesn't happen often. Thanks to Vicki, for "herding" the crew through this event!

One Mazatlan photo is particulary interesting...I'll post it tomorrow...as I walked the beach I stumbled across a dead ray. It had attempted to swallow a fish that must have disagreed with it! I labeled the photo "Mexican Standoff", but I'm thinking it might have been a murder-suicide....go figure! Enjoy the photos from MT!

No comments: