Monday, March 16, 2009

Honolulu Festival Parade





















We arrived home at 7:00 this morning. It's been awhile since I've posted, so I have tons of photos and writing to share. This will take some time, but I will make an effort to fill in the missing days over the next few weeks. My internet connection was so poor on Oahu, that I finally gave up posting. The GeoWireless that I paid $35
for, turned out to be a hassle and more aggravating than helpful. If you go to Hawaii, carefully check out the speed of your connection before signing up. I ended up having only 11Mbs as compared to my usual 54Mbs. As a result, I found it very difficult to upload photos and often lost my signal before the action could be completed. Today, I'm posting some photos of the Honolulu Festival Parade that we caught just prior to boarding the shuttle to the airport yesterday. The festival celebrates the diversity of the Pacific Rim cultures and is held annually. This was our first time to see parts of the event. I had only an hour to shoot yesterday, so here are my "catches". Enjoy! I will post more later. It's good to be home, but I sure miss that balmy Hawaiian weather!...five above zero here this morning.

No comments: