Monday, August 10, 2009

More Fish etc.
























































While in Montana we managed to take a day to float the North Fork of the Flathead River with our friends Bill and Bev. It was as much fun as I remember from our younger days, but a bit more challenging as I attempted Kayaking for the first time. I managed to complete the float without dumping myself in the drink, so I guess I did okay. At the cabin, our nephew Kellen and his buddy Bryson caught some nice smallmouth bass and rainbow trout. Kellen caught his first trout on a fly, and boy was he excited! I spent a few days down in Miles City watching Bill and Bev's son Mat (our God son) compete in the MT State AA Legion Baseball tourney. He did a great job playing third and pitching relief. The Kalispell Lakers managed a third place finish, the best they had done in nearly thirty years! The early morning photo and salmon pics are from today. I had my two Silvers in less than thirty minutes using a yarn fly...fun!!

No comments: