Saturday, November 29, 2008

Staging for Travel


It's 32 degrees F out this morning with no new snow. Angel is still sleeping. The cat's fed. And I'm planning my day. It's probably going to look something like this: pick up a package at the P.O.; change oil in Angel's pick-up; clean up the mess out in the shop; visit my aviation mechanic friend who is undergoing chemo for advanced stomach cancer, organize and pack for Mexico; and go to Saturday night Mass.




Angel is up now and went out to get the paper. She has informed me that we have just eaten our last Turkey as the Humane Society is establishing new rules for animal rights in Washington. OMG. This just after our Governor's embarassing video during her pardon of the Thanksgiving Bird. BTW, I do like Sarah Palin. I can't remember any other public figure in the recent past who has been so misrepresented by the media. Regardless of your politics, please take the time to learn a bit more about Governor Palin and her beloved state of Alaska before passing judgement or making abusive comments. Having said this, I've likely aggravated most of my family and friends...LOL! But fair is fair, and when folks hang someone in effigy, or attack their children, or belittle them for their religious beliefs, it's not fair. I'm sure that even President Obama would agree that change only happens by "pardoning one bird at a time".




Back to my list for the day..........

No comments: