Saturday, November 29, 2008

Numero Uno




I'm preparing to leave for Mazatlan on Sunday, so I'm finally getting around to starting this "blog thing". Why? Because I've long considered keeping a personal journal , but have never taken the time to do so. I'm also "curiously" wanting to share more of my life activities with family and friends, or any alien "lifeforms" that may be tuning in. So, those are honorable reasons for starting a blog....right?




It's 2:25 a.m. and I'm wide awake. I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing it's my anticipation of movement to another "space". It seems like I've only been home for a few weeks, because in fact, I have only been home for few weeks. My work/play schedule for the past four years has left me only brief chunks of time at home. "Home" being the Chugach Range of Alaska, USA. I'm not complaining. Just wondering why I do what I do. I know my time away from home (I like to think of it as time travel) further complicates a complicated life for those I love, and those who love me (not to mention those people that can't stand me, but have no control over me showing up and "touching their lives" again and again). I am truly torn between staying and going, work and play, hot and cold, light and dark. If you live, or have lived in Alaska, you understand the hot and cold, light and dark thing.




Anyway, in the future I hope to chronicle some of this maladaptive behavior, so that others might benefit, in a voyeuristic sort of way, from experiencing some of this stuff with me. I've neglected doing this in the past, so by making a public declaration of my intentions, I'm hoping to motivate myself to become more responsible in reporting my whereabouts and activities to those who may be interested in reading about my little part of the universe. I promise to try and keep it light, and maybe if I'm skillful, somewhat entertaining. Finally, one of my passions is photography. So, in this blog I will also share a few photos, as well as offer a link to many others that you may find interesting.....or not! I welcome all comments, questions, and critique. May God Bless you all and keep you safe and healthy during the holidays.


2 comments:

ATHENA said...

I LOVE SARAH PALIN!

HAVE FUN IN THE SUN UNCS! GLAD TO HEAR ANGEL GETS TO PLAY, AS WELL!

HOPE YOUR FRIEND IS STAYING STRONG IN HIS HEALING OF CANCER! GIVE HIM A BIG HUG FOR ME!!!

Matt Peak said...

Hi there! You would get a kick out of these two guys that'll be with me in Mazatlan. Hope all is well on your end. Thanks for reading my blog. My buddy with the cancer not doing so well. Who knows how it'll go for him. Angel says, "Hi", and she wants you to know that she loves being called "Angel"!